Friday 17 January 2014

Peter Thomas Roth- Mega Rich Shampoo- REVIEW


On my recent haul from beautybay.com,  I was sent this tube of Peter Thomas Roth Mega Rich Shampoo to try out. As I had mentioned in my hair care regime here, im always on the lookout for that “PERFECT SHAMPOO” for my hair that controls the sebum production of my oily scalp but nourishes my dry and damaged ends (..i know, that’s a hard task!). I was more than happy to receive the Peter Thomas Roth Mega Rich Shampoo sample because I had heard many good things about the Peter Thomas Roth products but had never tried any product of the brand.
So lets get on with the review shall we!

1.     Packaging (Price 21$ for 8 fl oz or Rs.1300/- for 235 ml)

The shampoo comes in this military green coloured flip top plastic tube that is easy to use. Nothing special or fancy… a rather serious looking packaging if you ask me but then it serves the purpose of dispensing the product well.... so what the hell. I couldn't help but notice that the shampoo is marketed as "Clinical Hair Care".


2.     Ingredients

WATER/AQUA/EAU, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, COCAMIDE MEA, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, SODIUM CHLORIDE, GLYCERIN, BIOTIN, PANTHENOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ASCORBIC ACID, CITRIC ACID, THIAMINE NITRATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, LIMONENE, LINALOOL, TETRASODIUM EDTA, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), YELLOW 5 (CI 19140), YELLOW 6 (CI 15985).
SLS definitely present so people who are anti-SLS, this is not for them.

3.     Product

This is what the shampoo claims to do to your hair:

The shampoo is a clear liquid running on the watery side so you need to be careful when you squeeze the tube. It has a peculiar smell that reminds me of Neem leaves but nothing annoying or strong. The shampoo does not lather a lot so people who like their shampoo sudsy will not to be too happy. However, the shampoo does a great job in cleaning the hair and removing product build-up.
After air drying, my hair  definitely felt clean, fresh and more manageable.
Also the next morning I was pleasantly surprised to find no traces of oil on my scalp and I happily skipped washing my hair before going for work that day. However, by the end of the day, there definitely were signs of oil…. Bummer!

Final Verdict

The shampoo is fairly good and does a decent job of cleaning and removing build-up from your hair without stripping it off its oils. Having said that, it does nothing extra ordinary and there are plenty of other shampoos out there in the market that are more reasonably priced and perform equally well if not better.
I will not repurchase.

Have you used Peter Thomas Roth- Mega Rich Shampoo?? What are your thoughts?? COMMENT!

XOXO

1 comment: