Monday 3 March 2014

Real Techniques Stippling Brush- REVIEW

Hello Chicas!!
Sorry for Missing in action for a long time. A sudden surge of laziness took over me and even though i had tons of reviews pending, i just kept procrastinating. Anyway, diving right into business, im reviewing the Real Technique Stippling Brush today. Now my love for the Real Techniques Brushes is known by all. They are all of fantastic quality and are really really affordable and im so glad that this brush does not disappoint.

The Brush ($10)

The stippling brush is similar to the other Real Technique brushes and comes with a pink aluminium body with a rubberised bottom that can stand up on your dressing table. It feels well made and doesn't reflect its meagre price at all.


The Bristles

It is a dual fibre, ultra plush, synthetic brush that boasts of creating air-brushed, high definition results with all types of make-up. 
As you can see from the pictures that the brush is made up of two kinds of bristles. First there is the longer white bristles and the shorter black bristles. The longer thin (white) bristles are thinly arranged while the shorter, black bristles are densely packed. This is what makes the stippling brush perfect for applying sheer coverage foundation, blush, highlighter or powder.
I love using it for applying Highlighter though. The reason being, the white bristles pick up the perfect amount of product (coz we all know what happens when we go overboard with highlighters..Shiny Disco Ball) while the shorter, denser bristles nicely buff the product into my skin giving me the perfect glow.
The bristles are stiffer than other brushes which makes the buffing action easier. However, when i first used the brush, i was over enthusiastic with it and ended up scrapping way too much product. After that day, I'm more gentle while using this baby.

Final Verdict

Another gem by Samantha Chapman. What can i say, she truly understands the woes of a girl on a budget who refuses to compromise on quality.
I HEART THIS BRUSH!!
My Highlighter's new Best Friend or rather new BFF!!

Do you own the Real Techniques Stippling brush?? Love it or Loathe it?? Comment!!

xoxo 

6 comments:

  1. I have this brush and I must say the finish it leaves for foundations is pretty streaky! I love using it with cream blushes though.. Never tried it with highlighters, a must try now! Oh and I know what you mean by procrastinating! I alwys have so many pending posts that I end up not posting sone at all >_<
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. its perfect with a highlighter...
    and on procrastination.... i feel ya!! its ditto with me.... so many products don't make it to the blog ... wish there was a cure for laziness :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Real Technique brushes are just phenomenal! I need to try this one out because I have been searching for the perfect highlighting brush and this sounds like the one!!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. try it gorgeous...you won't be disappointed!!
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Beautiful review.. I have ELF stippling brush which is also quite good..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Harine. I need to try ELF products so bad.... heard so much about them but for some weird reason never had the chance to use them.]
      xoxo

      Delete